Sgt. Michael Ingram, Jr.
"Welcome Home" Celebration
Monroe County Community College Film Premiere
The final leg of the film tour of “One Soldier’s Story” completed its journey in Monroe, the hometown of Sgt. Michael Ingram, Jr.
It was a beautiful Fall day as the evening started with the family’s arrival to Monroe County Community College with an escort from the Patriot Guard riders. 400-plus community members and family turned out.
Hometown boy, Paul W. Smith, News/Talk 760 WJR AM, was an outstanding emcee for the night.
Open remarks by Dr. David E. Nixon, President of Monroe County Community College.
Dr. Nixon set the tone for the evening.
Paul, with his charismatic sensitivity, elegantly introduced each participant:
- Robert E. Clark, Mayor of Monroe
- MSG Jeff Rector, Casualty Assistance Coordinator for the U.S. Army Reserves
- Dr. Sean O’Neal, Sr. - Lead Pastor of Stewart Road Christian Ministries Center Church of God
- Hunter Brucks and Tasha Lord, Hunter Brucks Band
- Olivya Brodie, Singer
- Dale Zorn, MI State Representative
- Brian Merkle, Merkle Funeral Services, Inc.
- Steve Pichan, Singer/songwriter
The evening concluded with guests saying their good-byes after hugs and making donations and buying t-shirts.
‘Thank You’ to our special sponsors of the evening:
- Merkle Funeral Services, Inc.
- Friendly Ford
- Paul’s Quality Collision
(click on any of the thumbnails to view larger image)